Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Canada Dry Cream Soda


My greatest source of life information, Wikipedia, tells me that this cream soda by Canada Dry is produced in the Middle East and has limited availability in the US, UAE and Kuwait (no mention of extremely limited availability in Australia). Looking at the traffic on this blog we have had one view from Kuwait, so this ones for you. The Canada Dry logo is a horrible creation, a mapped shield with a smarmy red crown sitting on top. This design also includes Cream Soda written in a completely different text sitting below the logo like an afterthought. Another one to be filed under excessive can design, this has a heinous water drip design covering the whole thing, a lot of soda companies reallyt need better logos that they can just plonk in the middle of the can and let that stand on its own.

The smell is that of a strong brown cream soda which works for me because it ranks high on my list of cream soda types:

1. Green Cream Soda
2. Brown Cream Soda
3. Red Cream Soda
4. Yellow Cream Soda
5. Everything Else Cream Soda

The taste is just a pretty average, normal brown cream soda, pretty tasty but nothing amazing. The carbonation feels ok going in bue it hurts my stomach and is a cheap, no return ticket to burp city. This seems to be pretty typical of the cheaper, semi-rip off asian sodas.

The aftertaste fades pretty quickly which I generally think is a good feature but here it adds to the overall blandness of the soda. Later on it left a really bad taste in my throat and it makes me wonder why these really chemically sodas keep getting made when natural flavour, sugar-sweetened sodas exist. Overall it's a decent brown cream soda but nothing above average.

53/100

-DM

Available at Hayat Hypermarket, Brunswick.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Canada Dry is my favourite soda brand - their ginger ale is the only ginger ale in the world that I like. (It's also a miracle cure for tummyaches, I swear!)

    Even though this looks and sounds mildly disgusting, I will have to try it out, purely out of brand loyalty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canada dry is one of my favourite drinks. But you've obviously got to like ginger ale to like it. And if you do, the Diet Canada drink has to be the best tasting diet soda drink of them all. A few stores in Melbourne sell both drinks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cream soda. First tasted it in Q8 1989 pre gulf war. I have since enlisted the help of Kuwaiti friends to transport precious supplies for me when they return home for holidays. Can't get enough of the stuff, shame it is only produced in Dubai

    ReplyDelete