Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Schweppes Cream Soda



The simple, appealing can promises a green cream soda and does not disappoint. The smell is delicious- the traditional fizzy, sweet smell of green cream soda- and brought a smile to my face, without even tasting it I knew I was going to enjoy this soda. The liquid is nearly clear with a light green tinge, a pastel green almost, great. The fizz level is perfect, a little bit above average without being over the top.

The flavour is as expected from the smell/colour/can, traditional green cream soda flavour, refreshing, fizzy and creamy, perhaps a little more subtle than some other green cream sodas. There’s a great almost sherbet-esque element to really good green cream sodas that Schweppes totally nail. For those who haven’t had the pleasure that is a glass or can or bottle of green cream soda, it tastes like a creamy lemonade with a kind of floral tang to it as well as an element of Wizz Fizz-type sherbet flavour, good stuff. Pretty much exactly like a green Fizzer, actually.

The aftertaste is quite strong, fine by me though, if Schweppes could find a way to make this flavour last forever I’d be very happy indeed. The sweetness lingers longer than the flavour and the soda suffers for it, I’d much prefer if the sweetness to flavour ratio of this soda were reversed. This also comes in a ‘zero sugar’ version; flavour- and cancer-related reservations aside I think it would be well worth a try.

A good, solid cream soda, not amazing or groundbreaking but has everything I want in a green cream soda, I have drunk it a number of times since the initial review and will continue to.

82/100

-LC

Available at Wellbeing Korean Grocery

No comments:

Post a Comment