Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

F&N Cool Ice Cream Soda


I couldn’t wait any longer to do this review, the can had been sitting in my fridge for nearly a week and catching my eye every time I looked in there. This soda just looks so damn refreshing, the cool blue and white just does it to me, I feel relaxed and hydrated just looking at it, but something about judging books and covers means its time to drink it.

The smell is pretty standard cream soda fare but the taste really takes it to the next level. It has a really creamy, vanilla ice cream flavour that makes it taste like a float. It also has a biting strong fizz that I really like, just heaps of little bubbles. This might not be perfect for those who like the less fizzy, sparkling mineral water style bubbles but I loved it. The milky flavour wasn’t overbearing and was still really cool and refreshing (like the can promised). The flavour moves on pretty quickly though and doesn’t leave much of an aftertaste or anything lasting.

The soda loses marks because as it got a little warmer the taste deteriorated pretty quickly, it just didn’t work well not being ice cold. Lucky it is easy to drink and you should be able to smash it down quickly but I would definitely suggest having it really cold.

Overall the taste of the soda is great, a proper creamy soda that is still refreshing. This is another success for a sugar-sweetened soda that leaves me wondering why they ever use high-fructose corn syrup. Sugar tastes way better and doesn’t leave shit all over your tongue. As I said, have it ice cold or you might struggle to get through a can but on the whole a delicious soda.

76/100

-DM

Available at Central Grocery, Melbourne Central and other various Asian grocers.

4 comments:

  1. F&N drinks in general are grossly underrepresented in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. F&N drinks in general are grossly underrepresented in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do i get my hands on this drink??? I cant fined it anywhere and im very skeptical about tge websights ive found so far

      Delete