Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

The Groovy Taste Root Beer


I really like the look of this can, a bold move going for the mainly black look, its pretty eye-catching and doesn’t remind me of Coke Zero too much. It’s still got the overflowing mug of creamy root beer design which seems to be a staple of the root beer genre.

The best thing about this is that this soda tastes exactly like what that picture on the can looks like. Actually it tastes like what the creamy mess in the middle of this amazing ad looks like. It is like a milky root beer float. It has a nice ice creamy aftertaste too. I have found that root beers either have a creamy nice aftertaste like this one or a kind of biting bitter aftertaste. I don't think the latter is the sign of a shitty soda, it seems more like a choice so who am I to judge? Well... I'm a soda reviewer that’s who, and I say creamy aftertaste rules. I did notice that about half an hour after finishing this soda the bitter taste finally emerged and stuck around in my throat for another hour, the taste was far from groovy.

Whilst it didn't have the deep flavour of Sioux City Root Beer (review to come shortly) it was definitely one of the best I have had, creamy and delicious. If it wasn't for that bitter after-after-after-taste then this would have scored even higher.

68/100

-DM

Available at Central Grocery, Melbourne Central and other various Asian grocers.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic. How do you do this that this blog is so good?
    Beer Tasting Melbourne

    ReplyDelete